Actually I first got to see it on Tuesday when Jordan Commons had a Pre-view showing and I was one of the lucky few able to attend. No I didn't get any kind of special deal. Having a husband who works for a Television Station didn't give me any perks this time. I stood in a line for two hours last Saturday at the Furniture Box in State Street. My friend Jamie and I arrived at the store at 8am and we were the forth and fifth people in line. It's a good thing too because the store only had 20 passes to give away. (thanks go out to my co-worker for giving me the heads up about the tickets in the first place, she's the one who saw the ad in the newspaper and called me).

These passes however were not guaranteed tickets. Jamie and I still had to go stand in line on Tuesday at Jordan commons to exchange our passes for tickets. I'm so glad my husband called me at work and scared me to death by informing me KSL news radio just reported over 600 people were standing in line to see the show that night. I had to see for myself if I had any chance to get a ticket. I love how the news over reports stuff because there were only 20 people in line when I got there at 1pm. The people in the front of the line had been there since 11am. (interesting tidbit here, the first people in line on Tuesday were the same people in line on Saturday).
While standing in line for three hours I met a mother whose daughter had written an essay for the Barnes & Noble passes giveaway (can you believe going to all that trouble to write an essay and NOT be Guaranteed a ticket?). I also met a few friends from previous Twilight parties. These ladies were at the I Love Edward party in Provo Feb 2007 and also at the I Love Jacob Black Party in Phoenix back in May 2007. What a small world that I would see them again standing in line trying to get tickets to the previewing as well. I shouldn't be surprised avid Twilight fans tend to follow each other around to the various events.

Can I just say I made a pretty big impression on Reagan Leadbetter, she a host on abc4's Good Things Utah, and channel 4 didn't hook her up with any perks either. Once I realized who she was, I made my usual nuisance of myself and asked her if she remembered me from the show when Stephenie Meyer was a guest back in May. Wouldn't you know it she did remember me as one of the "#1 fans" interviewed by Angie. Reagan is a huge Twilight fan and it was so much fun to talk all about my Twilight fandom experiences with her. When you spend three hours waiting in line you have lots of time to chit chat and become friends. I got to brag about all the parties I've been to. Jamie and I took turns telling her all about our trip to Forks. Reagan was pretty impressed with the slue of information we had at our disposal. When it was time to finally get our tickets she handed me hers and her friend Nicea's (also a host on GTU) stack of passes because she wanted to make sure we all sat together.

Jamie's sister was also with us and thanks to her I was able to get an extra ticket so Brett could come and see the movie too. (Thanks Dad for babysitting on such short notice).
Granted the tickets we were able to get were not the best. Brett and I sat on row 3 from the front on the far right hand side. The GTU girls got the row in front of us. Angie (yet another host on GTU) sat directly in front of us because Reagan and Nicea took the center seats of row 2. Still really crappy seats to have to watch an action packed show with a Crick in your necks.
Now I have to admit I did take my Twilight Barbies with me to the movie. You never know when having props will win you a prize. At least I made the security officers day when he had to search my bag. Did you know when you get to see movies before the general public security checks your bags and makes you take your cell phone and camera to your car. Well now you do. I didn't win a prize for being a Jacob fan with a furry Jacob Barbie Doll. T-shirts were thrown but not to me. I did however impress Angie from GTU because she's a Jacob fan too. In fact all the Barbies ended up being passed around the GTU row for everyone to see. My motto, if you are going to make an impression, make it lasting. Here's snippit of Good Things Utah the next morning. I just had to hear Reagan's, Nicea's, and Angie's reactions.
Oh yea, the movie, do you want me to review that? It was good and it was bad, I'm not sure how much of the bad was because I was so close to the screen. It was good because the essence of Twilight remained true in the film, and there were tons of book references just for the fans sot that was fun to see. But the experiences before the show are all apart of the actual movie experience so I can honestly say IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. Now go see the movie for yourself.

3 comments:
I just finished posting my stuff too and was curious if you had done yours. And here it is!!! What a fun, long, great weekend. Thanks for making it great!
You are the bomb! I love you you are so cute.............
I'm glad you got to see the movie early. :) I read a quote from you in EW. Way to go! :)
Post a Comment