Wouldn't you know it? My assumption that Brett and I were going to be asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting was completely off base, when we sat down to talk to the second counselor in the Bishopric.
Brett has now been called to serve on the Ward Activities Committee. He's really excited that the first order of business is the Ward Campout.
And I too have been extended a calling. I am now the Young Women's Chorister. No I have not been released from my Stake Sports Director calling, this two minute job on Sunday is in addition to my other responsibilities. Apparently the Bishopric was told I wouldn't be able to accept this calling if it in anyway stressed me out and made me unable to perform my stake calling. I tried, I really tried.
The Lord must have something really special in mind if the Young Women's Presidency can't get actual young women to stand in front of their peers and lead the opening song on Sundays. I'm off to brush up on My Rainbow of Values by Janice Kapp Perry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YW chorister huh? Whatever! Why is an adult doing that? Not that I doubt your ability but come on. If the girls can't do it, than it's time to teach them and sign that off in Personal Progress book. Ok!?! I think you will be able to handle it. Now that I'm really thinking about it, I know why they gave you that calling. They want a way to get you to church on Sundays. They gave you a Sunday calling! Haha! They are genius'
You know, I kind of said "huh?" to that on Sunday too. We really are doing too much for kids these days!!! What a cooshy life they have.
That is too bad about the stake sports calling though. Take Care. I really enjoyed book club tonight too.
Thanks again!!!!!
Post a Comment