Twilighters take Forks tour

Contributed photo
Salt Lake Twilighters Anonymous, or SLTA, toured “Twilight” locations in Forks and the West End last week. The group of 25 visitors came to town from Utah along with 35 other Twilight fans who arrived from all over the nation. Many of the ladies only knew each other through connecting on the www.twilightlexicon.com Web site, which is considered the best fan “Twilight” Web site in the world. Once in Forks they were able to meet face-to-face. Some of the ladies design and produce Twilight-themed clothing and jewelry that has Twilight author Stephenie Meyer’s approval. The group said they loved visiting Forks and the West End and are planning a return visit.
Secondly this week has been a complete rush of activities. The day after I returned home from Forks I had to fly up to Boise, Idaho on a business trip which really wiped me out. Then I had TONS of work waiting for me at Jacobsen. Going on vacation is never easy especially when it's around the end of the month.
And finally, Breaking Dawn was released to the public for sale at 12:01 am on Saturday August 2, 2008. Concurrent to it's release was an appearance I made being interviewed at the Kings English bookstore the day before the release. If you missed the early morning show on Channel 2. I'm sorry. But just know that I won the prize for being the fastest trivia answerer in the West (Apologies to my SLTA ladies who joined me that morning. I hope I didn't poke your eye out in my excitement to be the first one to answer the questions).
So if you need a little reading material you can always click this Salt Lake Tribune News article and you might be surprised who's quoted there.

3 comments:
That was such an awesome trip! I can't believe how much fun we had. Oh wait a minute, yes I can, because we're all so stinkin fun! I tried so hard to wake up and watch you on channel 2 and then even went to the website and couldn't find their video footage. Glad you had so much fun!!!
I can't wait to read your take on the trip once things settle down. I've just started posting myself, it was so overwhelming to try and put it all down. So many fun memories packed into a short amount of time! Hailey and I cracked up as we watched you shout "I know! I know! I know!"
I can't wait to see what you post about our trip. It was so much fun! I'm so glad that most of us got to go. Thanks so much for starting the SLTA! :)
Post a Comment