Samantha's ever loved and forever patient friend has returned to the Heavens today for reasons of natural causes. He will be greatly missed and I the mother am truly grateful he slipped into a silent slumber in Samantha's arms instead of a gruesome crunching of bones and bloodshed. He was buried in our backyard today next to one of Daddy's Mimosas trees. Which one? we're not telling... Just kidding we had to bury him three feet down and put big rocks on top of the coffin as well as the burial ground so Abby & Jager (our black labs) won't be tempted to dig him back up.

This precious hamster of Samantha's brought such joy and laughter to our family. He had a canny knack of escaping out of his penthouse capsule to scurry downstairs during the day only to be found again at night when he came out of hiding looking for food. He was also a very tricky hamster in the fact that he could perform paw stands, with the aid of Samantha holding him upside down.




2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Roudy. That is so sad. I guess Sammy is learning how to deal with death at an early age isn't she? So will you be getting her another hamster?
I'm sorry to hear about Roudy. It is sad when pets die. They really are part of the family.
Post a Comment