Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy 2008

Have you missed us? Have you been wondering what we've been up too? Or are you just as busy this past Holiday Season that you've barely had time to sleep like our family?

Well Christmas has come and gone. The tree is down and we've ALMOST recovered from the stress of it all. That that we haven't had a great time. For us the Christmas season included the following activities:
White Elephant Gift exchange at the Hardey's where I came home the winner with the ToothTunes "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical Toothbrush. That's right my friends, I now get a full two minutes of good teeth brushing and exercise every morning and night as I jam out to my favorite song that plays through my tooth brush's bristles.
Brett and I enjoyed Dinner with the Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley for Brett's company Christmas party at the Little America plus a Christmas musical program after a word or two from our Prophet.
Brett and I had the opportunity to host our Ward's Christmas Program. I wore an Elf's hat and Brett wore a Santa hat and a red shirt with the word FRUITCAKE printed in it. We had two hours of good times when all 12 auxiliaries performed a Lip Sync Christmas Song. Then night ended with the Primary performing the Nativity Story and Samantha standing on the edge of the stage performing her own rendition of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Honestly who's kid does that kind of thing?
Brett and I enjoyed (I think that's what you call it) making six batches of Carmel's for our homemade hand dipped Chocolate Covered Turtles (Pecans wrapped in caramel and dipped in chocolate). We also expanded our offering by creating Katydids (Cashews instead of Pecan) Alligators (Almonds) and just plain Carmel's poured into a Christmas Tree Mold. My mother also helped us make Almond Joys to dip. If you didn't get your share this year, stop by we have more believe me.
Can you believe that we were done Christmas shopping by December 12th? The Internet is an amazing thing. I loved ordering all our gifts on line and having them shipped to my work so I could open them there and let my co-workers ogle over them. I also did all the wrapping at work so I didn't have to worry about hiding places.Our conference table is so much easier to use when wrapping presents than the floor (which is the only horizontal surface large enough at my house).
And it's a good thing the shopping and candy making were all done so early because for Us, Christmas is a four day event.
It all began on Saturday the 22nd. We went to my aunts house to have Breakfast with Santa, Cousin gift exchange, and family talent show.



This is when Sammy asked Santa for a Penguin Doll, a Horsey game, and an Up and Down Bed.

The next day Sunday December 23rd, after Church Sammy and Danylle went to Nana's house to decorate cookies for Santa. Uncle Bryan, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Nycole, and Quinntin were also there.

On Christmas Eve we enjoyed a wonderful dinner and Gift Exchange, and Christmas story reading at Nana and Papa's house.

Christmas morning started with the Alarm clock telling us to get up, then onto the surprises that Santa left. A Hamster for Sammy a Golf club for Daddy and a Wii for Mommy


Then we were off -- First Back to Nana's House to see Great Grandma Whitehead and Aunt Trina, then around the block to Grandma and Grandpa Bean's house for Breakfast and gift giving, a quick jaunt South to Grandpa Utley's, then East to Grandma Great Main's house before we made the exodus up North to Morgan for games at Nana Great's house.

What a GREAT day we had sharing Christmas with EVERYBODY!!

I need a nap

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need a nap just from reading all that you did on Christmas day. Sound like fun though!!

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Well it is about time you post something girl! I had no idea you did all that. You guys are one busy family!

Tolley Family said...

Wow! YOu were busy! Sounds like a lot of fun though! :)

Cranberryfries said...

Love the videos! Sammy is so adorable. Sounds/looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Jenny Lou said...

Can I just say, you have the cutest little girl. I love it when she saw her hamster. "Just what I've always wanted." That is so cute. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.